Bus and coach travel in Belgium
Belgium’s central location ensures excellent bus and coach connections inside the country with frequent international services.
You can search Belgian long-distance and international coach services here:
Domestic bus and coach travel in Belgium
Most domestic buses in Belgium are operated by TEC and De Lijn, although the train is generally a much easier way to get around the country.
De Lijn serves the Dutch/Flemish speaking areas with services between major cities as well as operating local public transport systems in Aalst, Antwerp, Bruges, Genk, Ghent, Kortrijk, Leuven, Mechelen, Ostend, Roeselare, Sint-Niklaas and Turnhout.
International bus and coach travel to and from Belgium
Most international coach services are operated by either Eurolines or Flixbus.
International coach services, operated by Eurolines, serve Antwerp, Bruges, Brussels, Ghent, Liège and Mons, although Brussels is the only city in Belgium served by the Eurolines Pass.
International coach services operated by Flixbus include:
- Antwerp to Amsterdam, Berlin, Bremen, Cologne, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Eindhoven, Essen, Groningen, the Hague, Hamburg, Hanover, Lille, London, Munich, Osnabrück, Paris, Rotterdam and Utrecht
- Bruges to Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Eindhoven, Essen and London
- Brussels to Amsterdam, Arnhem, Berlin, Bonn, Bremen, Cologne, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Eindhoven, Essen, Frankfurt, Groningen, the Hague, Hamburg, Hanover, Lille, London, Lyon, Munich, Münster, Nuremberg, Osnabrück, Paris, Prague, Rostock, Rotterdam, Toulon, Wuppertal and Würzburg
- Gent to Amsterdam, Bremen, Cologne, Essen, the Hague, Hamburg, Lille, London, Paris, Rostock and Rotterdam
- Liège to Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Maastricht, Metz, Paris, Strasbourg and Zurich
Busabout coaches stop in Bruges.
Coach terminals in Belgium
In Antwerp, Eurolines buses stop at their office at Van Stralenstraat 8 and Flixbus coaches stop on Koningin Astridplein near Antwerpen-Centraal station. Coaches to/from Bruges operate from the train station. In Brussels, Eurolines and Flixbus coaches operate from a small terminal at Gare du Nord.